The main reason of doing LGV &HGV license training is to bring out the best of drivers on the road. Once you are done with the Class 2 (CAT C) license, the CAT C+ E (class 1) and CAT C1 license, the instructor will inform you about the practical, the last module for any driving test.
When driving an HGV, you need to concentrate, employ professional skills and proper planning to carry out the job properly. Well, you need to know why the LGV&HGV Driver Licence Training is mandatory and important to pass the test. Here’s what you need to know about professional training from Easy As HGV and how it comes in handy during the practical test.
1. You will learn basic skills such as checking the controls and whether or not they are in the right condition. You will learn how to adjust the mirrors conveniently and put on the seatbelt. These small things will always make the best impression on the instructor.
2. It’s adamant that you get a good night’s sleep, diet properly and keep up with your fitness routine before the test. That way, you can remain productive and active throughout the session.
3. With professional HGV & LGV training, you will determine the best outfit to wear when driving an HGV lorry. Remember, you can’t do it comfortably if you are not wearing the most comfortable clothes during the driving test.
4. You need to increase your concentration during the training. You can do things such as switching off your mobile phone and any other distracting devices.
5. Because of the professional training and driving practice, you should always remember the rules to follow when on the road such as sticking to your lanes or following the speed limits effortlessly.
6. During the training session, you will always be informed to plan beforehand before doing anything. For instance, when driving a heavy vehicle, it will take a while to stop so you need to keep an eye on the road at all times and plan your stops or parking effortlessly. Don’t forget about the pressure breaks so you can’t pull suddenly because it will result in a bad score during the driving test.
7. It’s also a good idea to familiarise yourself with the area where the test will be done. That way, you will have an idea of the route to take without fail.
8. You should always use the handrails and face forward when getting in and out of the vehicle. You need to be an expert at this during training. Learn how to maintain the 3 points of contact when entering or exiting the vehicle.
9. The driving skills acquired during the LGV/HGV training allow you to pass the test. You will become an expert at accelerating, reversing and parking the vehicle anywhere.
A good thing to remember is always move on to the next thing even if you make a mistake. You can get everything else right and forget about the mistake. With the best training and exceptional driving skills, you should be able to acquire your driving license in the shortest time possible.